Saturday, January 22, 2011

You Can't Out Train a Poor Diet

Welp I have gained 4 pounds this week and let me tell you what! I am bummed!! A little bit anyway:) I spent the week very proud of myself because I have been working out HARD every single day!! So I figured I would sacrifice a few points for some missed snacks or some not so healthy dinners. This turned out to bite me in the hinee!!
I have been reading a lot about eating habits and foods in particular. Since it is soo much easier to say what needs to be done, rather than to DO what needs to be done I will enjoy this post!

Do Not cut all your carbs out of your diet! They are needed in moderation to ensure proper nutrition!

Protien,Protien,Protien!!! This helps build muscle which in turn helps burn fat which is yay!!! Don't think you have to cram meat and chicken. Try some Tofu! Peanut Butter,Salmon!! Google it! There are tons of different types out there!

Fiber!!! Yea I know it sounds poopy! But it really is a fantastic thing in the world of your diet!!Fiber helps keep you full!! Apples,Kiwi!! Great Snacks!!!!!

WATER WATER WATER--- This should really be called the nectar of the gods!!! Drink Drink!!! Did you know that some times when you feel hungry you are actually dehydrated!?? Drinking cold water 20 minutes before you eat can help you in your quest to eat less!!


So there are some tidbits of things I have read over the past week while working out and eating crappy!! This week I am making a serious change!! Not even any cheats!! No missed meals!!

Lets see if I can pull myself out of the ditch I have driven into!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would bet that the weight you have gained is MUSCLE due to the working out that you have been doing. So don't despair! It will start burning the fat, and you will be way ahead of all of us. I am only down 1 pound this week. Compared to 7 last week. It was a rough week indeed, but at least I moved the scale down even just a tad. I'm really motivated to try much harder this upcoming week. Let's go, girls!

Unknown said...

Good for you for working out! What did you do?
I did the same thing! I was good at exercising, but I think I used that as an excuse to eat poorly. My weight didn't really change.

Do you all find it difficult to eat well when PMS is involved? Any strategies that have helped you stay on track while angry aunt flo is whispering in your ear?

Kimberly said...

Protein is sooo true! Snack on lunchmeat. Pickles are also great to snack on. No calories!!! Sunflower seeds help the Carb cravings. (unless you eat a bag a day :) )
It all about the good carbs, but keep them around 30-35grams a day. I have not been good about posting, but I have been doing better at tracking what I eat, how many calories, carbs, and protein. I have been freezing my water so I have ice to chew. That helps my mouth busy. Thanks Missy and Jenn, this is helping me!