Monday, January 10, 2011

Snacking

Is anyone besides me having a hard time not snacking? This morning as I was making my boys lunches I had to remind myself over and over not to eat some of the food I was packing up. It was sure hard not to pop in a couple of those dried blueberries and yogurt covered raisins.
How is everyone else doing??
Here are some helpful hints
1. Dried fruit does count as a fruit as long as it doesn't have sugar added.
     *Make sure you read those labels
     *With dried fruit you need to eat less so only eat 1/2 cup
2.Have a plan on what your snacks will be that day.
     *It is a lot harder if you are scrounging for something last minute
3.Measure out your snacks and put them in a Ziplock so they are ready to eat
    *This way you can throw it in your purse or car so if you are out and about you won't be so tempted to buy something else.
Does anyone else have anything that helped them out?
Remember snacks are important. It helps you get to that next meal and when you are eating your meals you won't be as hungry.

2 comments:

Shereen said...

This one was hard for me as well. Everyone brings food in to work all the time, but I was really good and didn't partake yesterday. Lunch is going to be my downfall though especially when friends take me out to Monsoon for lunch!

Missy said...

Way to go Shereen. Just remember to take it one day at a time. The better you are about it ate the begining the easier it will be down the road.