Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Explanation fo Points and Game Plan

I am sorry for not better explaining all of this. I am going to go through and fill everything out for myself so you and see the example and I will explain things while doing so.
Game Plan
NAME Missy Muldowney
WHERE AM I NOW?
DATE 1-10-11              WEIGHT 175                  
WHERE DO I WANT TO BE?
DATE 6-1-11         WEIGHT 145                           
HOW AM I GOING TO GET THERE? Watching how much I am eating and what I am eating. Getting more sleep. Getting more exercise. Drinking more water.
WHO WILL I REPORT TO?
The Blog and Jenn.                        
*You and choose who you report to. It can either be anyone in our group. Jenn or me. The blog. A spouse. Which ever make you feel comfortable and that will be checking up on you to make sure you are doing it.
WHEN? (How often?)
Every day.                        
*Now I am only putting that because of the blog. I would encourage everyone to have at least once a week or every other week.
REWARD *The points and rewards are just to keep you motivated and on task. If you feel you don't need to do them then don't. They just help me look forward to something and make it so I will record what I ate that day which holds me more accountable for my food intake.
HOW MANY POINTS?
1,000           
*Okay I am starting high but I have done this before. Start small. For example: 100points=Ice cream guilt free. 200points=a manicure. WHAT WILL I EARN?
New pair of Jeans          
*You need to pick something that will keep you motivated to get the points. I want a new pair of jeans when I loose some weight
Points- Every day you will go through this list and add up your points. Write your points on the Monthly calendar.
*Here is how I added up my points from yesterday
Meals (per meal)
1 – 1 serving
0 – seconds of fruit or vegetable
-1 – seconds on anything else
*I earned (3 points) here yesterday. 1 for each meal because I didn't take secondsEating
1- Savor my food (eat slowly)
*I earned (1point) for savoring my foodSnacks (per snack)
1-1 serving of fruit or vegetable
0-1 serving of anything other
-1- seconds
*Here I earned 0. I forgot to have my first snack 0 points. I had my second snack 1 point, then I had my 3rd snack but I had seconds on it -1point. So that brings me to (0 points)
Water
1-Eight (8oz) or 4 Large glasses a day. (The more the better)
0-Less then eight
*I drank all my water (1 point)
*If you are having a hard time with this get a water bottle that you can carry around with you. We made a spot on the weekly chart that you can make tally marks as you drink water each day.
Other drinks
1-No sugar free foods or drinks and no caffeine drinks
*I earned (1 point) here. Now say I was did have a drink or sugar free something or other. That would have been 0 points.Extra Daily points
1-Keep a record of everything I eat or drink (weekly calendar)
*I filled it out Monday on my weekly calendar (1 point)1-Aerobic Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, at least 3 days a week
*I went walking (1 point)
1-6-9 hours sleep
*I did not get enought sleep. Thank you Rose and paper route. (0 points)1-Be totally honest. (Yes you get a point a day for being honest)
*I was honest (1 point)1-No eating past 8pm (drink at much water as you want)
*I had my snack after 8pm (0 points)Other Points
1-Weigh myself on weekly and only once a week
0-If you weigh yourself more then once a week (I know for some (Jenn) this will be hard
Complete (+ 2 pts.) or Survival (+1 point) fast on Fast Sunday
*Now I didn't do any of these because it wasn't the day for it. But the days I do do this I will earn points for them.
*So I earned a total of 9 points for yesterday. I hope that helps everyone out. Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) – You are allowed 1 serving. You can put as much on your plate as you want as long as it is one helping.
*I found at first I filled my plate full then as time went by I put less and less on my plate.
Snacks (am, midday, pm) 1 serving (less then 1 cup or 1 med fruit) of a fruit or vegetable (or 1/2 cup dried fruit)

3 comments:

Shereen said...

Thanks Missy! That really helps a lot. I actually came out with 8 points for yesterday then!!

Unknown said...

I really like this system! It's not at all overwhelming, so it's easy to remember and it gets the job done!

Should there be a comma between sugar and free? As in, do I lose a point for eating sugar or a free food, not eating something sugar free? Am I making this all too difficult? lol

Unknown said...

This is awesome it's going to make me start eating breakfast by having to write everything down.