Friday, January 14, 2011

Falling off the Wagon

So today I fell off the wagon.
I have been soooo good all week.
I went to two church activities this week where they served some super yummy things and I was good.
I resisted temptation.
I was even doing good all day.
Then tonight I made 2 Stromboli's (you know the pizza rolled up, super yummy).
Well I had one slice of the first one.
So yummy.
Then the second one came out of the oven and I just had to try that one too because they were different kinds.
Then I had to have one more piece of the kind I like best.
Also I was watching a movie with my kids so I wasn't savoring my food.
I couldn't believe it when the first piece was already gone.
And if that isn't bad enough I decided to have one more thin piece for my snack and it was after 8pm.
And of course it had to be the night before weigh in.
So I got a total of 8 points today.
I am glad that I had been doing pretty well for most of the day so it wasn't a total bust.
One thing I have discovered is since I was doing so good all week eating that much food tonight made me a bit sick. I felt so uncomfortable.
It makes me consider how much I will be indulging on my free day.
 Maybe I won't be taking 3rds. 
I will most likely be making a delicious chocolate cake.
But maybe I won't eat it all on my own.
 It's not about falling off the wagon. We all do it from time to time
Its about if you climb back on and try a bit harder the next time around. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Um....some of us, uhm, (me for one) have fallen off the wagon SEVERAL times this week!!!! We just have to get back on that dang wagon. Good to know that it happens to other people as well. ;)

Shereen said...

I slipped too yesteday :( They have had these delicious cookies all over campus all week long and I was able to resist, until yesterday. I had 3! I did lose 2 lbs this week though and drinking all that water has really made me feel much better!