Saturday, January 15, 2011

WEEK 1. The morning mommy

Well this week went fairly well. I lost some weight, but most of all I feel really good. I have a ton of energy because I have lowered my sugar,carb and caffeine intake! YAY!

While the eating thing has been soooo hard the working out part has actually been bearable which is really different than it was before. I was putting so much pressure on myself to be a morning person. You know the person! Wake up, work out, shower, make breakfast and clean the entire house all before the rooster crows! I tried, I really did but I found myself saying things like "i hate the world", "kill me now" and "well I didn't work out this morning so it's too late so I will tomorrow" I know I am not the only one out there! I would much rather stay up late,do my thing and roll out of my bed at the last minute to take the kiddos to school.


THE GRIEVING PROCESS

I took a deep breath and let the thought of being the perfect morning mommy go and did the opposite and I have decided that *gasp* I am a night person!!! I actually already knew that but I was in denial. Since I have come to the acceptance part of this grieving process I have made a new schedule for myself and so far it seems to be working! I work out at night!! Sometime between 8 and 9 I either go to the gym or put in my P90X . It gets done well. I feel great. The kids are already in bed by then and I can just do my thing.

Since I have been able to let go of the "morning mommy" dream I feel like my house and family has been running so much smoother than before. I KNOW I have been doing better making it to the gym! Try and step out of the box. Maybe something a little abnormal works better for you!!

5 comments:

The Cooks said...

I'm with ya sista on that one. I'm a vampire through and through. Night time is the time for me to shine! :)

Unknown said...

I am a night owl too! My schedule has been really changing a lot lately though, and I am still trying to find a routine that works for me. Going back to work full-time has put some kinks in schedule and planning - one thing I do know is that I will not/can not get up any earlier than I do now - especially to exercise. I will definitely be doing any work outs at night - so I am right there with you. I am actually hoping that the working out will help me sleep better.

Anonymous said...

I am a night owl. I don't like getting up early. When we first got married and before I had kids I use to sleep in until 10. It was heaven. I miss sleep!

Anonymous said...

Working out leaves your body temporarily wired, so right before bedtime may be a poor choice, unless you leave a little time to wind down.

Unknown said...

I'm a night owl, too!!!! BUT...night and evening is when I want to spend time with the kids and hubby. So I'm really struggling to get out of bed and exercise in the morning. It is hard because my kids (3 yrs and 7 mo) actually sleep in!!!! I wish I could have everything. Sleep in AND stay up late.